Saturday, July 02, 2005

Do you know these men?


The July issue of hidden europe is out, and with it my article on a Latvian port town titled “Two Smiling Men in Ventspils”. Without this photo, I wouldn’t have found a way to tie my Latvian experiences together, but these grins have been permanently imprinted on my memory since I met these sweet men in August 2003.

Fleeting encounters are odd things, because I’m sure the men pictured would never imagine an article could have been published about our brief conversation. Perhaps if they’re patriotic internet nuts, they might find this one day and get in touch.

And I wonder what impressions we two odd Australians have left on other people whose paths we have crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...